Arsene Wenger is unsure about whether Arsenal will go back in for Monaco star Thomas Lemar or not in January, with the Frenchman seemingly content with the size of his squad.
Lemar was a major target of Arsenal’s during the close season and they reportedly agreed a club-record £90 million deal for the France international on deadline day.
However, according to Wenger, the winger rejected the move to the Emirates Stadium at the last minute, opting to remain in Ligue 1 with Monaco.
The collapse of that deal also reportedly prevented Alexis Sanchez’s move to Manchester City from going through.
Gunners 7/5 to win or draw v City
Wenger has previously suggested that Arsenal have not given up on Lemar, and he remains coy when it comes to his plans for the winter window.
When asked if he was considering another attempt to sign Lemar, Wenger told reporters: “No, at the moment I have a big squad and the problem for me is to keep everyone together until the end of the season.
“In January, I don’t know yet.”
One young player who Wenger can call upon is Rob Holding, and the manager spoke glowingly of his centre-back ahead of Thursday’s Europa League clash with Red Star Belgrade.
“Rob I rate highly,” he said. “I have shown that in very big games.